It's the End of the Year - Already!
It has been a joy to work with the enthusiastic third graders this year. They have always been eager to learn and try new things and I have seen them grow in so many ways.
- Through a variety of games and creative activities students developed awareness of working with documents, navigating with a browser, and publishing their creations for the world to see.
- Students began working on keyboarding skills and grew in keyboard awareness and some memorization of key location and home row finger placement.
- We had discussions about cyberbullying and digital safety.
- They enjoyed being creative and logical while solving problems using coding.
- Students had the opportunity to practice word processing skills of cut, copy, and paste and accompanying keyboard short cuts during the course of our various projects.
- We finished the year with a video narration of Shel Silverstein's poems. (See previous post.)
Students are welcomed and encouraged to write posts for their blogs over the summer. Read a good book? Have a fun experience? Travel somewhere exciting? Tell us about it! Please help them to proof read before hitting the SUBMIT button. I will check periodically for any submitted posts but I will not approve posts or comments that have not been carefully written. No photos should be uploaded that contain student or family member faces or other identifying information.
I wish all of you a safe and happy summer vacation. It has been my pleasure to learn along with your wonderful children this year!